See Our Cosplay Special Guests
Welcome to the ATG Expo 2024 Cosplay Contest!
While we make every effort to have the complete and final rules published, we may need to make adjustments or modifications to the rules at any time to improve the clarity of the rules or the operation of the cosplay events.
Pre-meet/pre-judging time (no prejudging for kids)
Contest time – Main Stage
Contest panel (Q&A) – Panel room
View Cosplay Rules
- Kids: This category is for kids 12 and under, costumes can be bought or hand made, though you get more points for hand made.
- Novice: If this is your first Cosplay experience or you have never won a Cosplay award, this is your division. 50% of your costume should be hand made.
- Experienced: If you have ever won a Cosplay award or your cosplay skill is above what is considered inexperienced you’re in the right place. 75% of your costume should be hand made. If your costume has won more than 2 awards at conventions it is not eligible for this contest.
Each contestant will be judged on the following categories:
- Accuracy (how accurate your costume is to it’s original image)
- Creativeness (how creatively you constructed your costume)
- Craftsmanship (How much of your costume you created/altered yourself)
- Polished (Having clean seams, paint job and having an overall polished look)
If you are uncertain which division is best for your entry, our staff can assist you! Please visit our Contact page for additional questions.
Please remember we do not supply participants with any of the following: make-up, make-up applicators and/or removers, paint, etc. Please come to the convention with everything you need to complete and/or assemble your cosplay.